Techie Brekkie At The Movies

Wow! What a great techie brekkie this morning. Thanks Tom for walking us through iMovie on the iPad. Your short Bike Ed movie was an inspiration. As soon as we  loaded our video footage into the app it was easy to see the potential for students to engage in deep learning through creating their own movies. Discovering the movie trailer templates provided iMovie was an eye opener. The easy to follow templates makes creating a short movie very simple. Below is an example of a trailer that Chelsea put together in a matter of minutes using video footage that she had taken of techie brekkie.

“It’s so intuitive”-Chelsea

“Last year I had my students making trailers to advertise school and classroom events”-Sophie

Tom has suggested that a Techie Brekkie in a few weeks time be dedicated to iMovie again but this time a show and tell session where we share the short movies that we or the students have created using iMovie on the iPad. This would be a great opportunity for people to share their creativity as well as discuss some of the opportunities that iMovie brings to teaching and learning.

The next techie brekkie will be next Wednesday as always. Further details coming soon. Be sure to check the techie brekkie trailer below.

2 thoughts on “Techie Brekkie At The Movies

1. Hi Bell PS,
    Love the enthusiasm that shines through this blog. It is great to see so many staff jumping into the techie brekkie life.
    Love the short video taken by Chelsea. It just goes to show how quickly students could use a tool like iMovie to create a solid product.
    I’m looking at getting a techie brekkie started at my school. How did you go about it? Is advertising and reminders always posted just via the blog or is there another means that you used initially for those staff members that (perhaps) aren’t used to checking a blog?

I’m even interested in how the pastries and coffee appear. Is someone in charge of supplying each fortnight?

Keep up the great work guys.
    Cheers,
    Rick KT (Ocean Grove P.S.)